Knowing how the wind whips through the back yard , and how cold Ohio can get, I knew the little coop would be way to cramped for the girls this winter. After a little searching we took a trip to tractor supply and purchased some heavyduty so called clear plastic. I attached the plastic to the outside of the 4x8 run giving the girls tons of warm protected space for the winter and still allowing light to filter in. I didn't seal it tight so there would still be plenty of ventilation. This was working great until we had 3 days of 40-60 mph wind. Most of the plastic was ripped off the run. Everything was reattached and some boards were added to a couple spots. ( not enough plastic left) We added a ton more straw to the inside and the girls are happy once again. Everyone is surprised how warm it is even with a couple of holes in the plastic. I'm happy we started with a small flock. Oh the changes were making for the new bigger coop for this spring.!!