1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. hikerfrog99

hikerfrog99 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2014
    South Carolina
    I am new to having chickens and I would like to know what you use to clean the inside of your coop including walls

2. AngryRooster

AngryRooster Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2012
    California
    I just use soap, water, and a rag/clorox wipes for the walls, but that's since I built my coop up against pre-existing concrete walls. I have a dirt floor so I just use a shovel and bucket to clean out their poop.

3. hikerfrog99

hikerfrog99 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2014
    South Carolina
    I use river sand so I clean the poop daily but how often do you clean the walls? Thank you for replying [​IMG]

4. Chickens R Us

Chickens R Us Chillin' With My Peeps

I use the deep litter method and clean in spring and fall. I have only had chickens for two years and haven't cleaned the walls yet other than using a shop vac but this spring I am going to use a power washer to wash the walls and then white wash them. From here on out I plan on white washing every spring.

5. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

On the rare occasions that I clean the walls (maybe once every Spring......I am not completely sure how often)

Anyway, I scrub the walls with a dry stiff brush, and then I sweep everything out.

The floor I just shovel out, scrape, then sweep.

Last summer I put in poop trays.....very nice, they keep the floor so much cleaner.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by