Coop de FlatCreek finished... well *almost* :)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by flatcreekfarm, May 25, 2010.

1. flatcreekfarm

flatcreekfarm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2009
    Missouri
    The chicks arrived today (they were supposed to be shipped last week), and all 16 doing well so far. I need to update my BYC page for the ongoing story of the coop, and plan to soon. This has been a mostly Girlpower project by me (my first), however hubby has been helpful during certain tricky parts such as hanging the doors and tinning the roof. He is also going to make the coop portable by attaching some vintage iron wheels. More to come soon. In the meantime here are a few pics for today, and you can check out the blog (below) for more if you like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Very nice!! How many out of those 16 are you planning on keeping? What's the size of the coop? I love the color...

[​IMG]

3. kungfukitty

kungfukitty Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2010
    Eureka, CA
    Very nice! I love the mirror pic- too cute!

4. flatcreekfarm

flatcreekfarm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2009
    Missouri
    Thanks! And I should clarify again - forgot to add it here. I plan to keep alllll the 16 chickens, so this is only their starter/brooder coop. however, with plans to make it mobile, it should come in handy as a portable coop w/ future movable run also. I sure have big plans.. LOL.. now to find more hours in the day!! I need to start that big coop now to get it finished in time [​IMG]

5. my3chickens

my3chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Maryland
    Such a cute coop! Looks like a miniature barn, lots of curb appeal!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by