Coop decor

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by JaJoJu, May 20, 2011.

1. JaJoJu

JaJoJu Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    I would love to see some photos of how you guys decorate your coops. We just had our coop delivered today and I would love to personalize it. Maybe a sign or two and it would be awesome if I could find a weather vane on the cheap. Get it? Cheap! Ha ha ha

Anyway, if this is somewhere else on this board, please direct me to it. Otherwise, I would love to see decor photos!

Thanks in advance. [​IMG]

2. BlueBetween

BlueBetween Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011
    Near Seattle
    Amazon has some cheep! weathervanes, I've got to order mine, now that my roof is done. I've got "eggs" on my side above the egg box and bunting flags on one end and I'll have lots of flowers. I'm treating my coop as a garden feature [​IMG]

3. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    You must share a picture to inspire us.

4. chickenlickin8

chickenlickin8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Valrico, Florida
    My Coop
    Here's mine......

A wreath for the door .... I change it out for different seasons! Also, the "Hen House" wooden sign I foud at a vintage store.

[​IMG]

Tin Signs..... I bought on Ebay! I'm going to use my grandmother's old washboard as decor too. FUN!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. AinaWGSD

AinaWGSD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Sullivan, IL
    It's not much, just a stencil I made then painted on the coop. But I'm awfully fond of how it turned out.

[​IMG]

I do have a chicken tractor now and I keep thinking I should get a pinwheel and attach it to the roof of the tractor. Not sure how the chickens would take that, but my toddler would love it!

6. chickenlickin8

chickenlickin8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Valrico, Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:That is CUTE! Good job! [​IMG] I really wish my nest boxes were outside the coop like yours....too late to change now.

7. JaJoJu

JaJoJu Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    Cute photos so far! Must check out the weather vanes on Amazon! Now that my coop is here, I am all egg-cited to decorate! I did buy a rooster wind chime that hangs above the trees near my coop. Only the beginning!

8. discoveregg

discoveregg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    I saw some really cute Rooster wind chimes at TSC too. My chicks aren't ready for the coop yet and wanted to know how the chickens react to the noise from the chimes? I guess they just get used to it, right? But I'm wondering if it will disturb them at night if the wind kicks up?

9. motoclown

motoclown Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2010
    New Castle, PA
    Wood letters, board & coop I painted.....
    [​IMG]

10. NanaLantana

NanaLantana Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2011
    Lantana, Florida
    I love the 'peep show' - I might have to use that one![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by