1. greybush

greybush Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2013
    Gilmer Texas
    Here's my coop/run its a 10x5x4 setup got me some game chickens for starters half shamo and red they loooovvveee the coop this coop turned out exactly how I wanted it the way it looks is the way I wanted it to look so all the trim and metal is purposely like the way it is
    Chickens
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    First day
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finished product on the next day
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Very nice!

You can line the bottom part with some 1/2 inch hardware cloth to make them safer, like this:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/508339/chicken-tractor-keep-predators-from-digging
    see post #2

I have had owls and hawks grab the head off a chicken by pulling them through the fencing a bit until they could eat them. Hardware cloth apron will help prevent diggers from getting them. Rats and weasels kill chickens too and 1/2 inch hardware cloth will keep them out.

If you scroll down in this link, you can see how they lined the welded wire along the bottom:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/robbdebbies-chicken-coop

I hope this helps!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  3. greybush

Oct 11, 2013
    Gilmer Texas
    I haven't had any problems yet I hunk mainly because the dog is almost always watching and I plan to bury the bottom portion some and Line exterior with hardware cloth but those are some good ideas ill keep those in mind

4. greybush

Oct 11, 2013
    Gilmer Texas
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Added 4 foot nesting box will be adding up my hardware cloth tomorrow

5. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Looking very good!

6. greybush

Oct 11, 2013
    Gilmer Texas
    Ok so coops been treating me well but now I'm looking at growing so I'm thinking of tearing down what I've got and building a new coop with a good size run on it as well here's a picture I found online [​IMG][​IMG]
    This would have an extra run attached id say 100x100x50 fenced in area was wanting to see what everybody else had as well looking to see different styles looking to house around 20 to 30

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by