coop design plans anyone?!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by MommaHen86, May 11, 2010.

1. MommaHen86

MommaHen86 In the Brooder

Apr 25, 2010
    Michigan
    SO my husband and I want to biuld our first coop for our 15 chicks. I have searched this site and alot of others and saw lots of stuff that I love but not the right one for us. We are building our own and my husband says that he wants me to find a site/something that shows how much and what we need of each material to make our coop. Were not picky about it we would like a 8x8 or 10ftx10ft coop with a big window, walk in door, chicken door and a few roosts and a few nestingboxes.Just the basics nothing really fancy or over the top I guess you would say. SO>>>>point of the post.lol. Does anyone know of anyone or a site or something that someone has the plans/material list for a 10x10 or 8x8ft standard chicken coop that they could share. My husband is not a VERY handy man but handy enough to build a coop if we have the list and materials that we need. Anyone please help!lol.

2. line-rat

line-rat In the Brooder

Nov 7, 2007
    west central ohio
    most all of the state colleges have plans for all kinds of animals including chickens. i found mine at university of Tennessee.

3. MommaHen86

MommaHen86 In the Brooder

Apr 25, 2010
    Michigan
    Sorry but do you mean online or at the library or ?? Im kinda lost.lol.

4. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Songster

Mar 25, 2009
    South Alabama
    Well, if you haven't already looked at it, here's a link to a list of online coop plans though only a few of them have material lists with them. You might want to check out in particular #727-15-1 Victory Pullet House and #6248 10' x 12'...both of these have material lists and I personally really like #6248. Here's the link to the list... A few walk-in coop plans/ideas if you can use'em...

Best wishes,
    Ed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by