103256_ze.jpg
[
103256_zd.jpg
]

[
103256_zc.jpg
]

Last edited:
It's nice and big and looks great! Good job!! Love that you have a covered run. Just a thought... I don't want to rip into your hard work, but you did use chicken wire instead of hardware cloth or some other kind of welded wire. You'll need to be sure your hens are locked up at night because any animal can just bite thru or a dog can even barge right thru it. Chicken wire is just twisted and it can untwist with just a bit of work at it. But other wise, looks like you have enough room for everyone. That weeping willow is going to be great for extra shade when it gets bigger.

Quote:
Yea I know gave that alot of thought from reading post here...lol We have two free chicken rangers with in a mile of us with little issues. Now the studs are 12 inch on center giveing lots of support to the chicken wire. My pit bull has free range. She loves her chickens...lol Oh the weeping willow is on the north side.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yea I was thinking the same thing. I Think there is much easier meals very close by. Also thought about just adding another stud between what I already have. That would give it 4.5 inchs of spacing. Kinda like the old small chicken coops where built. That would make a fortress! Hoping the 12 inch on center will do it. Kinda like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-COU.../170711070259?pt=Folk_Art&hash=item27bf2c3633

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom