Coop Door - Open from Inside or Outside the Coop?

Depends on the design of your coop. I have 2 coops and one is in and one is out. I prefer the out one, so I don't have to walk through manure to close it.

Quote:
Do you shut yours at night? And if so you would walk through the run to shut it right not through the coop?

Sorry I am trying to figure it all out. Also is the floor of the coop that grose? If so I guess I need to get a pair of chicken coop crocs.

Angie

I made my door to open from the outside rather than the inside. It's just easier for me to get to it via the run than from inside the coop. I shut it up every night as well. I'd suggest doing it however is easiest for you. I went to Tractor Supply and got a pair of rubber boots that I wear when I go out to the coop/run. that way I don't have to worry much about what I step in whether it be chicken poo or mud.

Outside. And I really want it changed. Cant wait for spring!!!

"hey honey.... can you move the coop door for me? I need to be able to open it from inside the coop."

Rhett&SarahsMom :

Outside. And I really want it changed. Cant wait for spring!!!

"hey honey.... can you move the coop door for me? I need to be able to open it from inside the coop."

Too cute, hopefully he will read it.

I think I am going to do it where it opens from the inside since I will have to go in there to check there food, water and for eggs. I guess that makes since to me.​

Yes, you should have a pair of 'chicken shoes' I use an old pair of crocs with the fuzzy liner in them, and I can throw them in the washer when they get dirty. I walk into my pen to close the door on the coop, so I guess that would mean it's an outside door. It just slides closed in a groove.

Our coop with the outside door I actually don't even have to walk in the outside pen. We have a little run that leads to the outside coop. It is awesome to not have to walk through the run.

If you are going to be in the coop daily, put it in the inside and then you don't have to walk as far.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom