1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coop Finally finished with Automatic door

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by 1nightrain, Jul 5, 2016.

1. 1nightrain

1nightrain New Egg

Jun 23, 2016
    We bought the Coop Tender automatic door and although the company is not the fastest at getting back with you, the product is certainly industrial quality compared to everything else out there i looked at. Very easy installation and pretty much just plug and play. Last night was the first test for the door and i looked out this morning and sure enough at about 5:30 AM the chickens start coming out without me attending to them at all, Very good investment and value for the money. I got the coop Tender with the detachable module and did not get any accessories but i might add on later the module for turning on the lights, fan and heater etc. Cool product for sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NickChillPhoto

NickChillPhoto Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2016
    Decorah, IA
    My Coop
    Fantastic setup you got there! How much does the Coop Tender run?

3. 1nightrain

1nightrain New Egg

Jun 23, 2016
    around $300+ I got the detached control module with a battery back up, it will run for one full week if power goes out and when it comes back on automatically charges battery back up. They really did their homework with this unit, its really industrial built compared to everything else i looked at and you can add all kinds of options on to it to automatically turn on heat or fan according to the coop temperature. it also has a freeze protection that will not let the coop door open if it gets below 20˚ f. , Pretty cool set up for sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by