1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Coop finished/ kids moved in.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by mrkep, Jul 8, 2010.

1. mrkep

mrkep Songster

Mar 10, 2010
    Richwood , Ohio
    I think I have finished the building of the coop-run and moved the kids there Tues nite. So far they seem happy, the inside of the coop is the same size as the brooder (8'X8'). I think, hope , I have everything varmit-proofed, hardware cloth up 2' and 1' of apron . I have a neighbor , 1/4 mile away that feeds racoons from her back deck so I know they wiil come by to inspect. 12 ga & 22 are loaded and ready!
    The run is 24X24 with the coop 8X8 in one corner, I covered the top of the run with chicken wire cause there are lots of hawks & owls in the area. I currently have 24 chicks, when the roos reveal themselves, I will cull them to 1 roo & the hens. We are new to chickens so we will stick with whatever number we end up with thru this winter. I keep reading here about chicken math & I don't think the coop will hold more than 16 so have no current plans to increase the flock.
    Thanks to everyone here for the good advice and suggestions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Fancy! I love it!

3. Wheels

Wheels Songster

Feb 25, 2010
    Milledgeville GA.
    Very very nice.

4. lurky

lurky Songster

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    That's a great setup

5. mgw

mgw Songster

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    I like it! And it looks very secure. nice job!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by