Coop finished... ready for the girls!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SequoyahFarms, Mar 4, 2013.

1. SequoyahFarms

SequoyahFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2013
    Knoxville Tn
    [​IMG]
    I've been a long time observer and learned everything I need from this site! Thanks for all the info! I feel confident my girls will be as safe as I can keep them! We've dubbed the coop the "chicken fortress".

1 person likes this.
  2. lesgo54

lesgo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2012
    spencer, tn
    coop looks real nice

3. TXchickmum

TXchickmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    North Texas
    Beautiful coop!

4. SequoyahFarms

Mar 4, 2013
    Knoxville Tn
    Thank you! It took the better part of two months worth of weekends (weather permitting) to finish it. I kept reading on here and had to add "just one more thing" about a dozen different times. Predator protection was one of my biggest concerns. Hard to tell by the pic, but the run is covered in 1/2" black coated hardware cloth and those landscape rocks are holding down an apron of the same hardware cloth that extends out one and a half feet. I have black coated confinement fence underneath the corrugated clear plastic over the run. The door also has hardware cloth attached to the backside of it. It was a HUGE pallet I cut down to size then attached a header behind the top slat with hardware cloth filling in that gap. My S.O. kept telling people it was the chicken coop that never ends. Everything else was mostly cosmetic add ons. But I wanted it to be esthetically pleasing when we entertain and be a good urban chicken ambassador cause we are in the city

1 person likes this.
  5. ChickenWired

ChickenWired Just Hatched

Feb 24, 2013
    Central Florida
    Looks great! Super cute doggy, too!

6. SequoyahFarms

Mar 4, 2013
    Knoxville Tn
    She's a 6 month old Aussiedoodle and has loved "helping" me with the coop

7. Nikon

Nikon Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2013
    Nevada County, CA
    My Coop
    Looks awesome! [​IMG] Reminds me of like vineyard for some reason.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by