1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

built a chicken coop, finally finished, heres some pics, will add better ones tomorrow lol. Added the chicken house to the pen. which theses pics dont show it hooked on yet

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rpchris

rpchris Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Saint Louis, MO
    Cute coop. What is it made out of? It looks a little like cedar.

3. stephanie1992

i think its pine, bought it at the local feed store, took awhile to assemble, instructions are never clear lol

4. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    that is very good looking coop [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. rpchris

rpchris Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Saint Louis, MO
    Quote:Whew! That's good. I had a friend build an amazing coop out of cedar only to find out that the oil or resins in cedar isn't good for chicks. He ended up having to paint over all that beautiful wood. [​IMG]

6. stephanie1992

Quote:Whew! That's good. I had a friend build an amazing coop out of cedar only to find out that the oil or resins in cedar isn't good for chicks. He ended up having to paint over all that beautiful wood. [​IMG]

aww i would hate to have to paint it, i like it how it is, im sure its pine if it was made for chickens lol, my girls wont go in it yet tho, they seem timid and scared of it, hopfully thell start using the nesting boxes in it

7. RoosterRidge

RoosterRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    Dry Fork, Va.
    Really nice.....

8. stephanie1992

ok i do have some questions about coops and chickens, do they need food all the time? it it ok i hung the water and feed? they can still reach it to eat and drink. what kinda bedding should i use in the laying boxes? and any other info u can provide would be nice

9. stephanie1992

oh and how many chickens do u think i can put in it? 9 in the pen right now.

10. wannalive

wannalive Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2011
    tamms/elco Illinoiis
    water and feed are ok hanging.. just my opinion, but i dont think the coop or the run in big enough for 9 chickens... i would try to upgrade asap.... just my opinion as i am sure more informed members will coment soon.... looks good though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by