1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coop for 100 chickens?? anyone?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jcoi812, Oct 16, 2011.

1. jcoi812

jcoi812 New Egg

Mar 25, 2011
    We have about 100 and I'm looking for designs for feeding and watering a large number of birds. Anyone have larger flocks? I would love to see your designs!!
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

3. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Quote:Wow, nice facility and boy do his birds look happy with all that pasture to roam around in!

4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Wow my eyes hurt!! um.... tons of chickens.. he has a wonderful coop!! thanks for the link. [​IMG]

5. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I'll try to get pics of my setup and post.

6. TDM

TDM Chillin' With My Peeps

We run 65 hens per mobile hen house. Currently, there are four total in operation.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. EM Squared Farms

EM Squared Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft. Pierce, FL
    Quote:Thanks for posting those links ! That was fun to look.

We've had about 100 chickens, but of many different breeds, not 100 of all the same breed (I think we have about 80 now - 5 different breeds, plus our layer hens). Both of our sons want to show chickens and raise them to sell (for showing).

I would assume 100 of the same breed chickens is on the commercial scale ? For eggs and for food ?

It would be fun to visit a farm like that to see all those chickens just around.

We have 9 pens and some small cages for growing up little chickens.

My neighbor showed us one chicken feeder invention: it's a metal, closed feeder and when the chickens perch on the feeder perch, it opens up the lid and they can feed. It keeps the food protected and covered except when they are feeding. He's worked in a commercial chicken place once and tells us stories about it.

What do you do with your 100 chickens ?

Actually a person of a small farm nearby has about 100 chickens. I didn't get to view his chicken coop because I had my kids with me and she didn't want them walking by the goats to see. We only bought a couple of chicks from them.

Good luck ! Hope you'll share some pics with us.

It's fun to take a virtual tour of other people's chickens !

8. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Okay so now I'm gonna make my husband stop mowing. Isn't that wonder to see....chicken dots all over the yard.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by