coop for 300 layers

jen1204ca

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 28, 2008
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions about if they could be housed all together in a 900 sq ft area, or if it would be better to have 2 450sq ft coops, or 3 300 sq ft coops. Also if anyone has pictures of how they have set up their nesting boxes and roosts for a larger amount of chickens, I would really like to see them.

Thanks.

your talking about a 20ftw by 45ftl coop.yes you could have 300 hens in it.an id just let them all run togather.an make them a run that is 200ft long by 45ft wide.that gives them 30 sq ft of run.i have a 20 by 40ft barn/coop.that if i maxed it out id put 300 to 400 hens in it.

You guys are HARDCORE!
lol.png

I so dream about a huge coop. I think what I'll do one of these days, when we get our own property, is have a small egglaying operation. It just seems like a lot for me right now.

ALL THE POWER TO YA!
yippiechickie.gif

I am by no means and expert and there are lots of people on here know tons more that me about chickens,but I think if it were me I would have several smaller coops,just in case they got some type of disease or something it wouldnt wipe out your whole flock.

Two or three smaller coops would also run less risk of killing several or all the birds if you get an outbreak of illness than if they were all together. You know don't put all your eggs into one basket. ** sorry couldn't resist **

Back
Top Bottom