coop for my guineas

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by shoetou, Mar 20, 2015.

1. shoetou

shoetou Chirping

Mar 13, 2015
    http://www.homedepot.com/s/33556?NCNI-5

this is a link to the coop I will be getting for my guineas . I want some opinions . and should I put wire on the very bottom so no predators can tunnel under the coop .

2. R2elk

R2elk Free Ranger

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    That particular coop is designed for a maximum of 4 chickens. It is not designed for guineas.

Guineas love to roost as high as they can get. My guinea coop is a home built 8'x12' shed with 8' walls and a sloping roof above the walls. The rafters are open and the guineas love to roost on the rafters especially under the clear roofing panels used as a skylight.

3. CathieG

CathieG In the Brooder

Apr 30, 2013
    [​IMG]

I agree, its to small. Mine is home built as well, 8x8x16. Nothing fancy but it works for us. I have a mix of Guinea and chickens in the pen.

4. shoetou

shoetou Chirping

Mar 13, 2015
    Thanks for your input but for what is worth
    Other posts on line on different site's I think it will be OK

5. red horse ranch

red horse ranch Crowing

Jan 24, 2014
    Buffalo Wyoming
    I think it depends on the number of guineas you will be having but it seems too small to me. 2 - 3 guineas is the most I would put in a coop this size. Guineas need a lot of room to roam and fly. They need to free range. The pen will really restrict their movements. A few chickens will do fine in here but guineas are different in their space needs once they are grown.

It sounds like you are determined to have this coop so I hope it works out for you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: