1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

coop for my new baby girls!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by cmom, Oct 5, 2008.

1. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm 10 Years

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I just got some new babies. I live in Florida. Awhile back we had our old barn torn down as it was decrepit. We gave the barn to the person who took it down. I used to put the babies in the barn. The big girls are in a coop. I need to build something they can transition into between the brooder to the coop. I have 17 (1 died). I don't need nest boxes in the transition coop because the big girls coop holds 30. I too as many other's I have discovered, face this same thing. I am looking into a shed because I want to move tools and supplies out of my greenhouse into the shed, but in the meantime part of the shed can be the transition coop in which I could build a run. I didn't realize how expensive the sheds are. I'm thinking of building a shed. I have been thinking about using corregated pannels. They would let light in. Has anyone else ever tried this? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Omran

Omran Songster

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    My neibougr has some of it for the roof of his barn and it work great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: