1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

coop for my new baby girls!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by cmom, Oct 5, 2008.

1. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I just got some new babies. I live in Florida. Awhile back we had our old barn torn down as it was decrepit. We gave the barn to the person who took it down. I used to put the babies in the barn. The big girls are in a coop. I need to build something they can transition into between the brooder to the coop. I have 17 (1 died). I don't need nest boxes in the transition coop because the big girls coop holds 30. I too as many other's I have discovered, face this same thing. I am looking into a shed because I want to move tools and supplies out of my greenhouse into the shed, but in the meantime part of the shed can be the transition coop in which I could build a run. I didn't realize how expensive the sheds are. I'm thinking of building a shed. I have been thinking about using corregated pannels. They would let light in. Has anyone else ever tried this? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    My neibougr has some of it for the roof of his barn and it work great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by