Coop for sale on ebay... good?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by AnimalsComeFirst, Nov 10, 2011.

1. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
  2. artsy1

artsy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2011
    sarasota
    I've seen this before somewhere.
    I feel like this is way to small.
    I've also heard that it was of poor quality.................but I have no proof.................just hearsay.

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Not a chance and hes crazy if he thinks he can fit 10 bantams in there! Its 3 ft x less than 4 ft--that just barely enough room for 3..dont waste your money..sorry

4. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    [​IMG] I calculated the total square feet of the coop.... 12 square feet... I heard a chicken should have 4 square feet (at the most) so maybe 3 - 4 chickens.

EDIT: Shoot... wish It was bigger, it looks okay from the pics, but you can never tell. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  5. mommissan

mommissan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Adirondacks
    I think it's bad news if they can't even show a picture of it on real grass, with real chickens. Photoshopping? Really? Seems to me a guaranteed waste of money, and material.

Found it on Amazon for $165.97 and it is 48"x31.5", just 10.5 sq. ft.

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Nope rip off:( I might be able to stick a breeding PAIR in there but nothing else and I wouldnt try..I dont like the way he put all those cheezy photos on his auction to make it look huge.... VERY deceptive

7. LiLRedCV

LiLRedCV Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Land of the Rain
    I have one. Kept 4 standard and one Frizzle in there (but they free-ranged all they wanted to too). Bought it almost 2yrs ago for just under $100 and brand new on eBay. Not the highest quality, but does well in a pinch and it weathered over 20" of snow the 2010 Thanksgiving week! It's still functional for our girls today, but darned chicken math - we had to build a much bigger coop! [​IMG] Very super easy to put together!!!! I would recommend bigger hinges for the nesting boxes tho' as we had an issue with the smaller hinges included in the kit.

You can paint it to weather seal it a bit better... place it inside a dog run with a protective predator cover or a tarp for the weather... add shingles to the roof and nesting box lid...
    or do what one fellow BYCer did with his Pawhut kit: Pawhut Deluxe Chicken Coop, PIC'S on page 2 & 4 post #36

8. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Quote:Yay! One good result... maybe I will buy it, because we are getting a 6 x 12 dog pen, we have tarps and extra shingles from our house... this may be just the thing for us. Can I see a picture of the inside of the coop? Nobody online provides what the interior looks like. Thanks!

9. Hammond Egger

Hammond Egger Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2011
    It sells for $165.00 on Amazon.

10. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

I think you should shop around a bit more. You could even make something much bigger and just as "cute" with very little effort or skill.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by