Coop from waterbed base..shabby but works (Heavy PICS)

Jessika

Songster
11 Years
May 31, 2008
Eagle Creek, OR
This was a fast thrown together one while I am working on a few of my ladies "winter" home. They seem to enjoy it. Took less than 2 hours to do.....shabby but works.

I am no builder.....

coop1.jpg

coop2.jpg

coop3.jpg

coop4.jpg

coop5.jpg

coop6.jpg

coop7.jpg

I like it! Plus, you can't beat the price! I've been checking CL and Freecycle every day looking for a castoff that can be ressurected into a coop.

Thank you guys.
big_smile.png
I thought twice about posting it....but then said what the heck...it's for education purposes.
smile.png

Everyone's coops look so nice...nicer than my nice one lol...so I thought I would show how workable a "shabby/ugly" coop can be. I thought twice about posting it....but then said what the heck...it's for education purposes.
smile.png

It seems to be the one the ladies like the best! I am thinking about letting them keep that one for the fall. Goes to show me that practicability is better than razzle dazzle...lol.

We are not very cold here...just wet so we will see how it goes. It works grand so far. We didn't even have metal hinges so we used an old leather glove, cut to strips and nailed in place to hold the "hinged top" in place.

There old "nicer one" is almost ready...repairs mostly done and fresh paint. Like I said...think I'll let them keep this one for awhile.....Hmmmm......Room for more chickens? LOL
wink.png

Quote:
Oh yeah...lol....a little light.....hehehehe...and room for more! Oh my...I had no clue I would fall victim to chicken addiction! (I did get the chicken pox once...thought that made me immune LOL)

big_smile.png
Well done Jess...yeahhhhh, I have been lazy in not making coops, just keep using the stables instead.....But am so impressed at your skills!..slinks off to corner, must be more adventureous, make a new coop, get out hammer and nails.....come on English Chick get making stuff!

Back
Top Bottom