Coop Front Door Art.....Bantam Bungalow in Louisiana....Ck it out!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by fireguy56, Oct 29, 2011.

1. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Sooooo, After getting the copper rooster mounted on the roof today I decided to suprise the wife again with some more goodies for the coop. I had picked up a piece of chicken folk art at flea market several weeks ago and thought it would look cool on the door. Then I got the idea of putting the coop name on the door as well. So I went to Hobby Lobby and got some letters to paint and alittle wooden egg...while I was there I found the cast iron WELCOME sign and little decroative brackets in the upper corners. Painted the letters and hearts and then shot them to the door using finish nailer. Came out pretty cool I think and wife was totally loving it when she saw it. Here is a photo of finished product. Hope you enjoy.
    Erik

[​IMG]

2. Mama Hen Chris

Mama Hen Chris Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    Peoria, AZ
    Very Crafty! I love it.

3. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    I'm going to stop looking at your posts now. It's depressing. Why won't my OH take as much interest/fun in doing stuff like this? *sigh*

4. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    That's very sweet of you! Some women want diamonds, but this girls would LOOOOOOOOOVE a cute coop like yours. [​IMG]

5. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I have watched the progress of your new coop for awhile and I am extremely jealous. Really wish you could keep on adding things to your gorgeous coop so we can all keep seeing these great pictures every couple of days. Love it!

6. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Very Nice! [​IMG]

7. EggyErin

EggyErin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    N. Ga mountains
    Eat UP with charm!

8. waterchicken

waterchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2011
    I absolutely [​IMG] the decor! [​IMG] btw what are the dimensions of your "bantam" coop? [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  9. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Quote:Thanks, wife likes it too. The coop is 6' x 10' with 7' high side walls (I'm 6'2") so I could walk in without ducking my head. Am working on the outside covered run area now which will be on the left side facing the run. Also finishing up the siding on that side. Built a storage cabinet that will be accessable from both the outside and inside. Will post photos later today when I get it all wrapped up. thanks for looking.
    Erik

10. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    That is so cute. That is nice that you like to suprise your wife with lovely cute chicken things.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by