Coop Heaters; has anyone heard from Shop the Coop??

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ElizabethinNY, Sep 7, 2009.

1. ElizabethinNY

ElizabethinNY Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2009
    Central NY
    Hi all, I'm not sure where to post this, but I ordered a coop heater, thermostatically controlled outlet and a heated waterer from Shop the Coop. I got an error message when I ordered it about the store's email being down and I don't think the order went through. However, my credit card has been charged automatically when I placed the order. I can't get hold of the store owner by phone or email. The emails keep bouncing, and the phone goes to an answering machine. I called 4-5 days ago and haven't gotten a return call. Does anyone know any other way to ask if my order went through? It's been more than two weeks since I ordered and I have heard nothing and the items haven't arrived. I only have a short time to decide whether to reverse the charge on my credit card. I have also PM'd the owner twice on here but haven't heard anything, either--probably because her emails aren't getting through so she doesn't know she has a PM.

If anyone knows how to contact her or knows her, please let her know. If I can't get an order from her, I need to find an alternate method of keeping the chickens' and ducks' water warm this winter. Suggestions for alternate sources of heated waterers would be welcome. [​IMG] The coop is being insulated within the next few weeks--it's a big coop for the few birds I have and I think they'll be chilly unless I insulate it.

EDITED TO ADD: Just got an email message from an alternate email address--my order has shipped! Hooray! [​IMG]

Matilda, who wants liquid water this winter:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  2. greyhorsewoman

greyhorsewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Endless Mts, NE PA
    If it were me, after the time spent, I'd just reverse the charges and move on.

We live in northeast PA and we don't have our coop insulated (except for the roof for summer sun). We use a base heater on our galvanized water can to keep the water from freezing. Our birds have fared fine. We also have a flock that free ranges our barn and they come and go as they please, roost where it suits them and they do fine, as well. We just provide a bucket of warm water for them twice a day.

3. ElizabethinNY

Mar 5, 2009
    Central NY
    Fantastic news--I just got an email that the order shipped today!

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Creativebydesign

Creativebydesign New Egg

Jun 22, 2009
    Stafford Springs
    Hello,
    I was in contact with her, I told her you were looking for her. She will address it and get in touch with her shortly.
    [​IMG]
    Mark

5. ElizabethinNY

Mar 5, 2009
    Central NY
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. [​IMG]

6. TcherDawn

TcherDawn Granite State Chook

Jan 30, 2009
    Prescott, AZ
    Love the adorable pic of Matilda. too cute.

7. sandyj

sandyj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    St.Paul, Minnesota
    I love Matilda. She's a beauty! [​IMG] Glad you heard something.

sandyj

8. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I just bought one of those flat panel heaters on ebay for $53 and that was shipping included. I am going to love it when it gets cold. My girls are too.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  9. Tecalli

Tecalli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    State College, PA
    Lovemychix, if you have the link to the heather you bought, or they keywords you used to search for it, I'd appreciate it. They do seem to vary greatly in price. Henspa has it for $114.95 and Shop the Coop for $129.99.
    Thanks.

10. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by