1. Cha Cha Chicken

Cha Cha Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    I'm moving, and need to build a new coop for 6 chickens- does anyone have plans that they've used for a coop W/O a run? the new house has a largish back yard, so they won't need a run. Anything is appreciated! [​IMG]

2. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    We built sort of play house, insulated it very good and added windows . Put the egg box on the outside. We love it. Go to the front page of this forum and there are tons of coop designs that's where I got mine.

3. jessleeh

jessleeh Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    North SF Bay Area
    We found plans on Purina's website that we really liked. We made a few modifications for ease of cleaning and our particular layout, but not too much. It's designed for 8 birds, and everyone's happy with it so far!

4. Cha Cha Chicken

Sep 5, 2010
    Thanks for the responses- I looked on the Purina website and couldn't find any plans......[​IMG]
    could someone post a link?

5. chriscos

chriscos Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2011
    I recently build a "purina" style house to keep chicks in and use as a quarantine coop when I don't have chicks growing out. It is a nice simple layout and is pretty easy to build. I think it is perfect for 6 birds if you are free-ranging.

Here is the thread if you haven't seen it: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=95956

I
    added a window to mine though. Not sure why they didn't include a window.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  6. Cha Cha Chicken

Sep 5, 2010
    That looks like a fantastic coop! thanks! Sorry, but if you don't mind me asking... how much did it cost to build?[​IMG]

7. chriscos

chriscos Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2011
    Quote:About $350 in materials. That includes Ondura panels for the roof, which are a little pricey.

8. Cha Cha Chicken

Sep 5, 2010
    Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by