Coop in continuous progress!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by 1 Critter Camp, Feb 11, 2014.

1. 1 Critter Camp

1 Critter Camp Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Kentuckky
    Here's my latest addition to my "Camp Critter".
    I have been building it on my own with no help from my husband. Other than him helping me carry something heavy, I have designed, measured, and built it all on my own. That's why things aren't totally perfect but I have learned a lot. I have installed hinges, used a circular saw, etc.
    This is a chicken run for about 3-4 chickens. Currently only housing two. It is 4 foot X 9 foot long with a house that is 4X3foot. The top opens up in two sections. I now need to add a chicken door which I have already figure out my plan.

I have the tarp there because we are having a terribly cold winter and I cover them up each night. (0-15 degrees)
    That's cold for KY.

I also built a pot belly pig corral with my dad's help! He used a level! LOL

Chicken Run
    [​IMG]

PETA the pot belly pig's home

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG]

3. 1 Critter Camp

1 Critter Camp Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Kentuckky
    I've actually added another run but this is the only picture I have at the moment.
    The tall section on the left is my aviary for two fantail pigeons. Three silkie hens are in the middle and right section. I have a longer run added for them. I am hatching hopefully roosters for my hens due on 12 days. Two pigmy goats live in the pen in the back left.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    Super cute! I love your animal area. And your little piggy is a cutie.

5. Magilla

Magilla Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2014
    BC Interior
    Looks great Good on you for taking the initiative, learning something new and gettin er done!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by