Coop is a done deal - almost

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by anjovi6, Nov 8, 2014.

1. anjovi6

anjovi6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Finished my coop about two weeks ago. And have added 5 hens (2 Australorp, 2 Barred Rocks, 1 Black Sex Link) and one Silver Laced Wyandotte. Still plan on doing some trim painting, adding a cross on top, and a sign with the name "Chicken Chapel".

I have 25 Australorp coming in January and a pair of Light Sussex. Will eventually have all Light Sussex but, they are hard to obtain in quantity.

Here is my coop. The last Photo is why it will have a cross on top and the name Chicken Chapel.

Flooring and foundation was constructed with all treated lumber. Walls with fir and sheathing with OCB 1/2 inch. Painted with exterior grade paint 3 coats. Shingles are 25 year life expectancy with an under layment of felt. Used deck screws for the entire project except for roofing. I am going to add some trim paint in certain areas. Probably red for my alma mater, NCSU.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Nicely done! Show us some photos of your new girls enjoying their new home when you can!

3. anjovi6

anjovi6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Five ladies and on gent. All hens are about 1 - 2 years old, Houdini is about 1 year old. Houdini is not related to my Avatar. My avatar photo is a rooster I have in the Philippines.

[​IMG]
    Houdini the escape artist

[​IMG]
    Barred Rock

[​IMG]
    Australorps
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  4. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Houdini is a handsome one! Thanks for sharing your coop & flock.

5. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by