Coop is all done!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bethanyc, Apr 1, 2015.

1. bethanyc

bethanyc Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2015
    So guys here is my finished coop! It is done besides a couple finishing touches. I plan to add a tin roof, a shade cloth over the run, and I am thinking about painting it(still up in the air) what do yall think?! Now just to wait for my little chickies to arrive ![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PirocaKeeper

PirocaKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2014
    Western Massachussetts
    Great Job. Real cute coop and run. I like it the way it is, but It would probably looks good painted too.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. PapaChaz

PapaChaz Overrun With Chickens

May 25, 2010
    NW Georgia
    very nicely done!

Is the wood just left raw? at the very least you should seal it against the weather with a clear waterproofing sealer of some type. To help it withstand the weather

4. Hanigan5

Hanigan5 New Egg

Mar 26, 2015
    Did you build this from a kit? Currently looking and trying to decide what's best. ? Any issues ?

5. bethanyc

Mar 3, 2015
    Yes I got a coop from "chicken saloon" . Every thing was okay except for a couple scratches here and there from shipping. One part (the pull out base of the coop) was very messed up. We comtacted them and they shipped us a new one the next day. Of course it isn't there fault, but fedex. It's very nice and was easy to assemble. All we really used was an electric screw driver. Only took about 3 hours total. I really love it!

6. bethanyc

Mar 3, 2015
    It was a kit. They said the wood is fir and does not need a wood seal so I haven't decided yet!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by