Coop is almost done

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by andbab, May 17, 2009.

1. andbab

andbab Chillin' With My Peeps

Hubby has the bottom floor sheeted in now we just have to set the trusses on the loft. Is going to be one wicked coop. Little over kill for 8 babies or so but will be great. The coop is 12x12 split down the middle with a loft. Should be great. Bigger then I had planned but now the chickens will have lots of room. Now if the weather would cooperate we got 6 inchs of snow today and expecting more over night yuck. Getting closer [​IMG]

2. mediazeal

mediazeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Sounds awesome! when can we see pics?

3. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Sounds fantastic; looking forward to pictures. May I suggest your putting in two pop doors just in case later you want to split the run into two sections also. You might want to put in tunnels to the run also; that's what I did and they sure make it nice closing up the coop's pop doors ( see my MyPage).

4. andbab

One side of the coop is going to be for potbelly pigs and the other is going to be for the chickens. And somewhere in there we are going to put my daughters bunnies. [​IMG] Poor hubby he doesn't know what I've gotten him into. I figure the bunny hutch will go in the pig's side since I've heard chickens are super dusty. Oh the work that is left to do, sofar the only things that are born are the bunnies so a bit of time left to build it all. [​IMG]

5. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Poor you! I think you'd better reconsider the pot bellied pigs (note plural especially). I strongly suggest your being happy with just chickens and rabbits.

6. andbab

Well the bunnies were an oops of my mother inlaws but I have wanted PBPs forever I love their little character. We have lots of room and two little girls that love animals so they will give us lots of tv free time [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by