I purchased a Kit Coop from Sam's Club this year. A lot of positive, some negative reviews. You know how that goes. More positive than negative though, so I bought it. Afterwards I decided to make it a bit more rodent/snake resistant by buying some treated 2' x 4's, some braces, 1/4" wire mesh, and some U-nails along with some Weed barrier fabric. With that I made the base, now wishing I would have used 2' x 6' boards instead, but if necessary, I'll had another 2' x 4' rectangle to it. I filled that with play sand for them to dust in. Built a feeder and a horizontal watering system. Had a problem with a couple horizontal nipples biting into the PVC just right, so now I've found a leak I have to repair in one of them. Nonetheless, It all works fine. Purchased two Plymouths and two Buff Ophingtons. The girls took about 30 minutes or so before they all figured it all out. They won't be laying until around end of May, First of June. So they're just acclimating now. They're happy, I'm happy. Life is good. Love the website! A plethora of great information! Thanks.