1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coop is done and Chicks moved in

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by IndiesChix, Mar 30, 2015.

1. IndiesChix

IndiesChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2014
    Indiana
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. IndiesChix

Oct 16, 2014
    Indiana
    Inside of coop:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. PapaChaz

PapaChaz Overrun With Chickens

May 25, 2010
    NW Georgia
    wow! that is AWESOME!

looks great, you put you a recliner and a big screen in there too? [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. IndiesChix

Oct 16, 2014
    Indiana
    Lol. I will have my chair sitting in the garden to watch 'chicken TV' . We got lucky this was an old chicken coop that hasn't been used for chickens for years. We had to put on new roof, vents, cupola, added a south facing window and added the run. Then just section off inside. I just hope we have done everything to keep predators out.

5. MandalaMaMa

MandalaMaMa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2013
    southern Oregon coast
    Very nice. Your chicks should really love their new home. BY the way I love chicken TV too!

1 person likes this.
  6. chicchic25

chicchic25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2015
    Indiana
    That looks really good! Just curious how old are your chickens? We bought our 6 girls a week ago and are building the coop and run this weekend. I'll be so excited (and a little sad...) when our girls can have their own space to roam in. Good luck with your babies, they are too precious!

1 person likes this.
  7. IndiesChix

Oct 16, 2014
    Indiana
    Right now I have 5 EE'S that are 5 weeks old. Live in Indiana and our weather is just now getting decent. The chicks have been in our garage with two heat lamps for the past 2 weeks. Two heat lamps because the weather was so cold especially at night. The brooder temp stayed around 70. I moved them into the coop with one heat lamp and only on at night. Last night they were just fine, I think the coop is warmer then our garage. In 2 weeks I have 5 RIR and 5 BR coming, which is another reason I moved them out so early.

8. MandalaMaMa

Jul 9, 2013
    southern Oregon coast
    My are 5 weeks old today and my HB is so ready for them to be out of his shop. Hopeful tonight after work we will be able to finish getting their holding pen ready in the new chickie coop.

9. IndiesChix

Oct 16, 2014
    Indiana
    The girls love the coop, they run ,fly,and just act silly! And now I can sit in there with them and they just chatter away. NeXT step is waiting for weather to warm up more so they can start going outside in their run.

1 person likes this.
  10. MandalaMaMa

Jul 9, 2013
    southern Oregon coast
    We did it. We got the new brooding / holding pen added in our new chickie coop tonight. Just a few touches tomorrow and the little girls will be ready to move in. How exciting.
    Just thought I'd share --- today I put in a chick ball with holes in it for the little girls. I filled it with some crumb food and mill worms. They were a little unsure at first but figured it out by late this afternoon and was having a blast with it. Was so much fun to watch.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by