coop is done got some pics

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by abhaya, Nov 14, 2010.

1. abhaya

abhaya Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    cookeville, tn
    I used alll recycled used or stuff in the barn I did not buy any wood tin nails screws windows glass paint lol the only thing I bought was a tin snip. Yes I used some cicken wire it was here and there was a lot of it. I put a double layer of it on the outside and then put another layer on the inside a couple inches in. everything low has 1/2 inch mesh on it or wood or tin. I have been called lots of things a carpenter is not one. I kicked pushed pulled sat on the coop all over and it help up fine so I hope it is strong enough. It is not a work of art but functional. The run will come off the front. It will be tin on the bottomwith 1 foot buried. and chicken wire on top. It will be covered with either tin or chicken wire and a tarp depending on availability of stuff. next to the pop door is window. I am going to cover the open side when it starts to get colder here. coop is 4.5x4.5 with 1.5x4.5 attached nesting box split into 2 large boxes. for silkies left the nesting boxes big cus they get broody and I will allow them to hatch out chicks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  2. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    Good for you for re purposing all those materials!

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

ingenius use of recycled materials. Nice job!

Imp

4. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Nice to see someone else recycling like me! [​IMG] Good for you!

5. amydzek

amydzek Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    nice job!! and it is a pretty color [​IMG]
    we are trying to finish ours up with recycled stuff!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by