1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coop Is Finally Done!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Kyle241, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Kyle241

Kyle241 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    This took forever.....who would have thought but then again it was built only on weekends but still. So we finally have a 'finished' coop as the chicks are now out there and there a few minor things to do such as attach a human couple steps, attach rope to chicken door and hang the new larger waterer, make covers for vents...does it ever stop? Other than that, it's been a challenge but we are happy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are going the Rubber Maid route for the nests.
    [​IMG]

The run (8x50) covered and predator proof. It was a bit of challenge building it on a slope.
    [​IMG]

And finally some pics of the chicks the first day in the run.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kdub86

Kdub86 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 6, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Looks great! Love the nesting box idea

3. ailurophile23

ailurophile23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2010
    VA
    No, it never stops! I have had chickens for a little over a year now and am looking at coop and run renovations currently. And I am always thinking of ways to improve the habitat for the hens. Your coop and run look terrific - I love the sand in the run - it is actually one of my planned renovations.

4. ninabeast

ninabeast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Upstate New York
    My first 12 chickens are 12 weeks old now, and have been in their new coop for 7 weeks. The pics of your chooks actually made me nostalgic for that stage of growth. Enjoy them!

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Yay for "almost" being done with the coop!!! And no...it never ends, lol. Two years later and I still find myself redoing/adding different things on the coop. I'm a big fan of dropping boards - yours look great!!

6. jbethmann

jbethmann Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2010
    very nice!![​IMG] I am also learning that it is never done... just finished something this weekend and thought "wow I'm done" and then I thought about rain barrels... and automatic waterers and...

7. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    [​IMG]

8. chickenbythesea

chickenbythesea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Nova Scotia
    what breed are the reddy brown chickens that you have? mine look the same and I have no clue what they are. And the coop is great!!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  9. nuchickontheblock

nuchickontheblock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2010
    south portland, maine
    Nice coop and run.
    [​IMG]

10. ROCKIN R FARM

ROCKIN R FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2008
    Rhome, Texas
    Quote:I think those are Red Sex links but if I am wrong i am sure someone else will tell me. I have them and that is what mine looked like
    deana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by