Coop is finally up and going!

rcsimpson

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2017
Finally got the perimeter fencing up and the coop in working order.
coop_1.jpg
coop_2.jpg

Thanks! It's been a long process but have used up "stuff" that's been laying around my place for years. Think of it as just "cleaning up" into a more useful pile!

My brother has about 30 ready to hatch so I'm going to be well stocked up soon. I need to get some ideas on a "duck door". Right now they line up in the evening and I put some plywood in the human door and they climb in. A few just hop up the step. They are so dang clumsy I get a kick out of watching them "flop out" in the morning.

Bout time! (*JUST kidding)

Welcome to BYC!
I love your choice with the red paint!

Where are the birds? I'm not seeing them in your pics!

Bout time! (*JUST kidding)

Welcome to BYC!
I love your choice with the red paint!

Where are the birds? I'm not seeing them in your pics!

The chickens are hanging out behind one of the trees (they are about mid sized so no too big yet). The ducks are in the "redneck pond" (found the roof of an outhouse in the dumpster). :)

I love it!
I think that looks so nice! I also love the red. Do you have pictures of the inside of the coop?
More work to go on the inside. Plan to add some "squirrel cage" vent fans up in the "attic area" once I trench over the power and water. Also will add a ceiling and most likely will wainscote the interior with more metal siding. The roost is actually made from my kids old bunkbed frame. :)
inside2.jpg

inside1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom