Coop is moving along...slooowly!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by oldchickenlady, Aug 12, 2010.

1. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Been working on this since July, but progress is being made. Here is the start:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Midway through on the outside, walls up and painted, roof on, and windows and door in:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is trim on the outside and how I did the wire over the eaves:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yesterday I finished painting the inside, built the roost, and put down the floor. I found a sheet of wallboard in garage left from previous owner, type of stuff you put around a shower or bathtub, bought another sheet for $12.00 and put it down with 3/8" roofing nails.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I still have one piece of trim to put on back wall, wire over the back eaves, constructon of poop board, and decide what type of nest boxes I want...build or just use milk crates or 5 gallon buckets. I really would like to build some, but...it's HOT and I am tired![​IMG] Oh and we have to move the run over to it, cut the chicken door, and build a ramp. What do yall think?

2. Horizon Structures

Horizon Structures Official BYC Sponsor

Jul 1, 2009
    Atglen, PA
  3. ducks4you

ducks4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    East Central Illinois
    WOW, we must be big if our advertisers are joining the Forum!! [​IMG]

4. Horizon Structures

Horizon Structures Official BYC Sponsor

Jul 1, 2009
    Atglen, PA
    haha, ducks4you! [​IMG] We're chicken people too! (And frankly, this is THE best place to be on the 'net for chickens!) Just think of us as normal folks who also happen to be advertisers. [​IMG]

Oldchickenlady, those pics are great! Thanks for sharing!

~ Nicole

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by