Coop lighting

Arlokitty

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 28, 2010
Medicine Bow, Wyoming
Any ideas on sources of solar-powered lights for coops? We'd rather not run an electrical cord to the hen house, as it's a long way and crosses the drive, but I want to be able to have light in there so they lay better through the winter and are safer? Ideally the solar panel would be separate from the light, obviously. Thanks for any ideas!

The world would go around a lot faster for you if you would let others know where you live. Put your CITY/TOWN, STATE under your NAME. Go to (click) Profile (on the dark-blue line above) and then to the list on the left hand side titled Profile Menu. Going there and choosing the second item on the list, PERSONAL, you can type in the name of the city or town, state where you live.

You have to live in the far South to have enough sunlight to run a solar battery with light all night.
If you live in the North, find some way to run an extension cord out to your coop over or under the driveway. Get a thermocube, electric dog water bowl, and a 50-watt light bulb for your coop.

just for fun I put one of those solar pathway lights in the coop by the door, its their little lamp post outside their house. But seriously I do believe you can find a small type of solar panel that hooks up to a lighting system I believe I saw it at a local store in my town. Its probably pricey. But I would rather do something like that if I was lighting the coop I have the same distance across the drive way issue too. Look up a solar store in your area I'm sure you will find one.

Back
Top Bottom