1. rottlady

rottlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2016
    Georges Mills, NH
    So I moved my birds from sister in laws farm to the boathouse at the off grid camp we are living in
    They have twice the space and I set up a section to be identical to their old pen however that end is dark and apparently too dark at bedtime to roost so I've been collecting them from colder end and putting them on roosts at night

Husband had a genius idea now that Christmas has past he told me to take our white string of lights out and put in the roost section out of their reach

These are super cool lights run on AA batteries and a timer. They stay on 6 hrs and off 18

Ran them out this afternoon and at dark went out and half the birds were on the right roost and that section was nicely dimly lit by these bulbs!

They are on sale now so want to get more
    This is them
    http://m.homedepot.com/p/Martha-Ste...lim-Wire-String-Light-BA05-1W009-A1/202704848

1 person likes this.
  2. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    I've heard pretty good things about the setups....might eat batteries up.
    Glad to hear you got your birds back and settled......remembering your interim housing issues.

3. rottlady

Mar 20, 2016
    Georges Mills, NH
    We have had them on in the house since Thanksgiving (we have no electricity do bought three strands of these battery lights) still same set if batteries they are led so low energy
    Last night everyone was on their roost!

4. rottlady

Mar 20, 2016
    Georges Mills, NH
    Still in interim housing so not so interim lol
    Off grid no electricity running water etc access by boat or an atv road

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by