coop looks like there was a murder going on last night

penquin

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 7, 2011
Went out this morning to let the ladies out and after they all got out I noticed a small puddle of blood on the floor.( size of a large dogfood can) There coop is only about seven foot inside and they sleep in the rafter. When I was looking around I saw blood spattered on the walls and in the cabinet behind the last rafter. I have five barred rocks and they were fine with each other till now I guess. I am going to assume that they were fighting cause nothing can get in their coop. Any help with this one?

Thanks

sometimes mine peck each other on their combs to fight for prime roost space. you would not believe how much a pecked comb can bleed. most of the time, it looks much worse than it is.

Quote:
x2 The first time I saw a comb injury, I was sure the bird would die. All that blood from a tiny little wound!
th.gif

AAAAyes I checked them over real good to see who was chewd on and could find nothin but did notice that one had something black on her comb. I didn't put two and two together about it being the comb. Thank you howlinggood I think you hit it right on the comb.

than ya'll for the quick responses.

Back
Top Bottom