Coop over 1/2 done, Yaay!! Pogress/new pics from 5-7-09

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by gimme sum eggs, May 5, 2009.

1. gimme sum eggs

gimme sum eggs Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2009
    South Branch, MI
    The chicks are 6 weeks old now and my GF wants 'em outta the house.
    Can't say I blame her [​IMG]. This what I got done on the first day. Things were really moving along 'till I started cracking open beers. One of my own sayings is "Nothing slows a project down like beer."[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Anyway, here's a pic. Its 6'x8' and roughly 5 1/2' feet high at the ridge.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  2. ducks4you

ducks4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    East Central Illinois
    It's just plain.....LOVELY!!!!!!!!!

3. ducks4you

ducks4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    East Central Illinois
    I know what you mean about the beer!!![​IMG]

I HAD to get in the habit of "porching"---our family sits in our Adironack chairs on the front (enclosed) porch, at night, with the lights out and smoke our cigars with our beer or wine or favorite beverage---AFTER the chores were done!

4. johnmayersquare

johnmayersquare Let's Talk About Chicks, Man!

Nov 17, 2007
    Port Orchard, WA
    Looks great........beer or no beer! [​IMG]

5. lunkerchicken

lunkerchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice coop - I love the design! Keep the pictures coming, can't wait to see the finished product.

6. gimme sum eggs

gimme sum eggs Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2009
    South Branch, MI
    Got the rest of the OSB siding on along with the roof sheeting. I also put the rest of the wall studs in. The chicks got moved into their new home last night. I put the red heat lamp in with them to keep them comfortable.
    Today, weather providing, I will install a 5' perch, the shingles, and ridge vent. Intake vents will also be installed close to floor level to facilitate air flow from convection. I checked 'em this morning and everyone seems like they're enjoying their new home.

BTW, I intend on moving them out of the coop temporarily when i'm shingling so they don't get stressed out from the noise of the air nailer. I'm kicking myself for not buying a linoleum remnant from the local thrift store to put on the floor. Oh well, I will keep my eyes open for another one and lay it down the next time I replace the bedding.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  7. raspeary

raspeary Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Cortland New York
    looks almost exactly like mine!

8. chickens3

chickens3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Eau Claire, Michigan
    I have my chickens in my house there 5 weeks old and my mom is making make a coop for them now becuase it smalls to bad.[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by