coop pics, chicken pics, can we tell boy/girl pics

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by homecatmom, Aug 28, 2007.

1. homecatmom

homecatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Lets see this post covers multiple items. first are some of the coop pictures.[​IMG] This one is resting while stapleing the wire.[​IMG] Here is lucy at 5 days old. [​IMG] a couple more of building the coop, [​IMG] [​IMG] an awesome power tool that a builder should never be without. [​IMG] almost finished! [​IMG] Oprah [​IMG] Lucy [​IMG] Tina [​IMG] eleanor [​IMG] Now I tried to get closeups to see if you all can tell if I need to pick more masculine names. Thanks.

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    How old are your chicks? They look about the same age as mine - mine are 3 wks on Monday. Can't help you with the gender though as I'm new to this myself!

Your coop looks really nice - like a good use of the space you have also, and so neatly done! That's what I'm shooting for with my run panels I'm building now - want it to look pretty nice since we have neighbors...

And, I LOVE power tools - I always say I can make or build anything if I just have the right tools and a good set of instructions! Last year's project was converting a 30x30 foot steel shell building into office/sewing room/living space. I framed out the walls, completely re-wired the building, including replacing the pony panel that was out there, and put in a laminate floor and dropped panel ceiling. I sure could have used a power nailer back then when I was doing all that framing by myself and installing 10' ceiling joists with no help... I had called a contractor but when he estimated me 20K for the job, I decided it couldn't be THAT hard. Took me a couple months, but finished up the job, including installing a window heat/cool unit AND buying furnishings (cabinets, sofa sleeper, etc) for less than 10K.

My husband is great guy, but is scared of powertools and never works on anything like that - we have complete roll reversal in our house when it comes to any type of outdoor or home improvement project.

Susan

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Great pictures. I think you have all lil girls there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by