1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Coop pictures!!!!!!!! Almost done!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SilkieChickenLover336, Oct 17, 2011.

1. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    OK so this is the side view of the coop

[​IMG]

THis is the inside of the coop. the giant hole is where the ramp will be

[​IMG]

Sorry its sideways but this is one side of the coop

[​IMG]

Theres another side view along with my father who is getting a hammer i supose

[​IMG]

This is the nestiong box view. the big boldge is the nesting box

[​IMG]

Any suggestions? Comments? please post

Also if you would like please give me some suggestions on colors. I want colors that blend in with the surrendings becasue i dont want my nieghbors to know that we have chickens. Also if you want i would like some suggestions on the title of tho coop. Like just a little name. EX. Chicken cabana or chix club something cute but not corny

2. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

It looks nice! If you want to camouflage it, I would probably stick with brown and green paints. Or make it the same color as your house, if it's up by the house.

as for names, there are a couple of recent threads where people posted a lot of cute names for coops. Our coop is just called the coop.

3. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Nice! [​IMG]

4. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Quote:if you find a thread please post it

5. Tommy_poultry

Tommy_poultry Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2009
    Glasgow
    Looks nice

6. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    It looks small for a lot of chickies. How many do you have or plan on having? Bantams?

7. partsRheavy

partsRheavy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2011
    Small but it looks like you could do an add-on carpentry project for some breeding possibilities. Double the size...make the hardware barons happy LOL...[​IMG]

Make sure you keep the varmints (raccoons) away - silkies like to roost near the ground and are sort of delicate compared to other breeds.

8. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Her chickens are in her signature-1 silkie and 2 seramas. So they are all little chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by