Coop pictures!!!!!!!! Almost done!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SilkieChickenLover336, Oct 17, 2011.

1. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Songster

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    OK so this is the side view of the coop

[​IMG]

THis is the inside of the coop. the giant hole is where the ramp will be

[​IMG]

Sorry its sideways but this is one side of the coop

[​IMG]

Theres another side view along with my father who is getting a hammer i supose

[​IMG]

This is the nestiong box view. the big boldge is the nesting box

[​IMG]

Any suggestions? Comments? please post

Also if you would like please give me some suggestions on colors. I want colors that blend in with the surrendings becasue i dont want my nieghbors to know that we have chickens. Also if you want i would like some suggestions on the title of tho coop. Like just a little name. EX. Chicken cabana or chix club something cute but not corny

2. gale65

gale65 Songster

It looks nice! If you want to camouflage it, I would probably stick with brown and green paints. Or make it the same color as your house, if it's up by the house.

as for names, there are a couple of recent threads where people posted a lot of cute names for coops. Our coop is just called the coop.

3. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Nice! [​IMG]

4. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Songster

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Quote:if you find a thread please post it

5. Tommy_poultry

Tommy_poultry In the Brooder

Mar 22, 2009
    Glasgow
    Looks nice

6. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Songster

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    It looks small for a lot of chickies. How many do you have or plan on having? Bantams?

7. partsRheavy

partsRheavy Songster

Jul 28, 2011
    Small but it looks like you could do an add-on carpentry project for some breeding possibilities. Double the size...make the hardware barons happy LOL...[​IMG]

Make sure you keep the varmints (raccoons) away - silkies like to roost near the ground and are sort of delicate compared to other breeds.

8. gale65

gale65 Songster

Quote:Her chickens are in her signature-1 silkie and 2 seramas. So they are all little chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by