1. peanutshark

peanutshark Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2014
    Kissimmee, fl
    Hi! So I need to seriously upgrade my coop. It's actually a repurposed motorcycle crate that my boyfriend and I made to pack up his bike and get it across the country. I was looking at a lot of coops on BYC, and many are grogeous, but I need some help finding one suitable for just 3 chickens. I need kind of a mini coop with run. I want to make it myself, so does anyone have suggestions or pictures of their own coops for inspiration? Thank you! I'm really excited for my new baby chicks to move into their new made home :)

2. Steve P

Steve P Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2015
    Breckenridge MI

[​IMG]

It's not much. It was here when I moved in. I'm going to make it bigger come spring. The coop is 3x7 and the run is 7x7

3. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

spending hours drooling and dreaming over all of the coop pictures on the BYC coop pages is the best idea.....

there are a world of choices...

1 person likes this.
  4. peanutshark

Jun 29, 2014
    Kissimmee, fl
    Lol I totally felt like that when I was browsing that section! I'll have to suppress the jealousy and over ambitious thoughts

5. peanutshark

Jun 29, 2014
    Kissimmee, fl
    I actually like this a lot. I was thinking about condensing this a bit by building the run with the lean-to coop on top and making a ramp

1 person likes this.
  6. greasemonkey88

greasemonkey88 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2014
    Wash MO
    There are a lot of different designs out there. This is one of the best places online to browse through as well. You could go the route of a prefabbed coop and run combo from orscheln's or tractor supply etc; but for as much as those are you could find a pretty decent dog house and make some modifications to it. I went totally custom with mine but I started with 4 and am working my way to about ten or twelve this year.

7. peanutshark

Jun 29, 2014
    Kissimmee, fl
    I work at tractor supply and honestly, even with my discount I think I could make something better for way less money. I didn't even think of a dog house though! That's a great idea! With some modifications and a run, I think that'd be perfect

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by