Coop progress! It's almost done (pics) New PIC in OP

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Beckyinma, May 25, 2010.

1. Beckyinma

Beckyinma Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    Massachusetts
    On Friday we had it entirely framed, and ready for mesh and siding.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

On Saturday, it went up on legs, got all the sides cut out, with openings done for the windows, doors and vents, and while the kids and Dad were having a camp fire, I was able to paint a full coat to match the shed, before I couldn't see anymore.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sunday I was able to get the trim up, but didn't have a ton of time to work on anything more than the side trim and second coat of paint.

[​IMG]

and Tuesday I worked all day but it doesn't feel like I accomplished anything it was so DARN HOT today! 90, so I had the canopy up again for shade. I was able to get the windows and doors all framed and painted and a t-shaped roost installed at window hight, no gable in the roof, so the roost is just about at the center of the coop, height wise.

[​IMG][​IMG]

We will do the roofing tomorrow, as there are thunderstorms predicted for afternoon.

I hope to have it finished and ready to move into place by tomorrow, although we have 36 80lb patio pavers to move before we can prep the run area. That'll happen this weekend.

Wednesday:

even hotter than yesterday, 100+
    Got the roofing done today, just in time for a thunderstorm warning, no rain yet though. All the doors/windows are installed, just need to finish with the locking hardware and the nest boxes and it will be good to go. [​IMG] The next task will be the patio blocks, grading and installing the run behind the shed. Gonna be a long hot weekend! AND I'll finally get to move the composter back to its spot away from the landscaping.. what an eyesore.. LOL! But it does a nice job.

Thanks for looking

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  2. BankerJohn

BankerJohn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Lecanto, Florida
    it is looking SWEET!

3. Beckyinma

Apr 1, 2010
    Massachusetts
    New pic today up above [​IMG]

4. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    Very nice [​IMG]

5. Beckyinma

Apr 1, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Thanks everyone! I'm happy to report that the deluge of rain, wind, and thunder we had overnight didn't infiltrate the roofing or any of the windows even though they don't have their locking hardware.

YAY!

6. 4theloveofhens

4theloveofhens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    [​IMG]

7. shopchicks

shopchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    Boise, Idaho
    Very nice! Looks like great workmanship. [​IMG]

8. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens