Coop Progress.. PICS :)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ducks_rcool329, May 8, 2011.

  1. ducks_rcool329

    ducks_rcool329 Chillin' With My Peeps

    260
    4
    113
    Apr 17, 2011
    Black Forest, Colorado
    Okay so here is my coop-in-progress for my 10 little bantam chickens [​IMG]
    It goes right next to the duck coop. In the pics it looks like the stained t5 is the back wall, but it isn't, its part of the duck coop. I have some siding to use for the back and front walls. I was considering just using the t5 from the duck coop as them back wall, and just have them be attached.

    Cutting the wood and getting it all right took 2 weeks ( about 10 minutes a day lol) and then painted and cutting the floor took a day. Everything else took 1 day.

    I didn't get the right amount of lumber... SO i dug this up from behind the hay shed. its older than our house. fancy.

    [​IMG]
    Most of the pieces cut and in position, but not secured

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Coop Location
    [​IMG]
    Fast forward 3 hours and 3 gallons of left over "salmon" and "forest green" latex painting, ( several coats for protection)
    [​IMG]
    the base frame in place, and secured together.
    [​IMG]
    The floor and its studs. I had to cut the floor in half because i found out that after 1 hour of trying to wedge it in there, that It wouldn't fit in in once piece because of the corners.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The floor is now all installed, not pictured is the layer of roof sealant (rubber in a jar) that i put over the seem in the middle and all around the corners. The floor is coated with: 2 layers of SPRAN urethane, 2 layers of roof sealant, 2 layers of latex paint, and then another layer of SPRAN, and the seems sealed with the rubber roof sealant.
    [​IMG]
     
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
  2. coloradonewbie

    coloradonewbie Out Of The Brooder

    40
    0
    22
    Mar 25, 2011
    Wow, you really are sealing everything well! We're just getting ready to caulk and paint our coop that's out of ReSourced OSB and plywood -- I'm trying to figure out a cheap way to seal it before I paint with Kilz-eze, because otherwise it's going to take (unaffordable) gallons of the stuff! I think I'm going to go look for some linoleum remnants, and hope that suffices!


    [​IMG]
     
  3. ducks_rcool329

    ducks_rcool329 Chillin' With My Peeps

    260
    4
    113
    Apr 17, 2011
    Black Forest, Colorado
    I just used paint and sealant that i found in our garage, it's about 20 ih years old, except for the paint which was like 5. For my 4x8 foot OSB board, I only used a little over 1/2 of the small quart sized can.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by