Coop progress-

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by libbyhan, May 12, 2010.

1. libbyhan

libbyhan Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2010
    Thanks to all the advice on my prior posts. We've made some upgrades to the coop (and when I say "we", I mean my dear husband since he's doing all the work!). We had a 4x4 design but had 6 birds planned. My husband, after watching the chicks eat a tick, decided adding on so that we could actually keep all 6 chicks was a good idea. It's now 7X4. Nest boxes will be on the right side, closest to the door to the house. Since these pics, he's added the door frames to the right side opening and added hardware cloth to the triangle openings on the top of each end. We'll have panels to put on for winter. The left side opening will be an access door, we think, for the poop board. Pop door will go on the left side and will open to a long, skinny run.

Any comments or things that I should be worried about? I'm very happy with the progress. We have 3 PR chicks and 1 production red chicks- 3 weeks old. 2 more EE (though we were told araucanas, it sounds like they are EE) coming tomorrow!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and, our little chickie Goldfish!

[​IMG]

And, my kids playing farmyard with the chicks..

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Awww...Goldfish is a cutie pie! I'm glad you guys were able to expand and get to keep all of your chickies! The addition looks like it was pretty simple to add...

3. libbyhan

libbyhan Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2010
    Yup, I caught him at a good time. He pretty much just doubled it! If he'd already shingled it, I would have been out of luck, I think.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by