Coop progress!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Nikkumz, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Nikkumz

Nikkumz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    [​IMG]

This is the beginning of my custom a frame chicken coop! So excited, the back ( where the 2x4s are only feet apart) will be the actual coop from ground to peak and the front 8 feet will be the run. So excited, possibly thinking of doing two floors in the coop, and maybe the run also but just having roosts up high in the run

2. Nikkumz

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    [​IMG]

heres a front view, i have a 5'3 inch walkthrough door and the coop/run itself is alittle over 6 feet tall

3. sunnyvera

sunnyvera Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Looks like a great start. Isn't it wonderful that no matter how small our property is, we can enjoy the fun of chikenry. I never want to be without them.

4. Nikkumz

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    Ya im so excited! Pretty soon were gonna be buying the property behind us too so we can extend our yard out back, We currently only have about 1/3 to 1/2 acre but its not stopping me!
    uh uh.....i have 3 rabbits a dog a cat a lizard fish and soon to be tonight or tomorrow 13 chickys!! Possibly more after that [​IMG] SHHHH!!! hubby dont know that yet [​IMG]

5. Nikkumz

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    Hubby puttin up some of the siding!
    [​IMG]
    Almost done!
    [​IMG]
    My daughter izzy helping daddy measure!
    [​IMG]
    My awesome red nest boxes i made ALL BY MYSELF!
    [​IMG]

So excited its almost all done, just gotta put the siding on the front and do the doors! YAY!

6. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    wow, that's so cool... can't wait to see it all finished...

7. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Love the red nest boxes. Nice job on the coop too![​IMG]

8. Nikkumz

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    I know, i love it! now if these darn eggs would just hatch.....lol, im thinkin about just going and buying some chicks

9. Noymira

Noymira Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Chittenden County, VT
    Looks great, I love this shape! We just got a tractor coop that's a bit similar in size, but your construction is much better!

10. johnwhite

johnwhite Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2011
    Looks great! I will try to build my first coop in a week or so. Will post my progress here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by