coop redo

Spolik

In the Brooder
Jul 8, 2020
Saint John New Brunswick Canada
so we decided to move our coop to newer location in the yard and reboard it as the shed is prob 30+years old, plan on placing big rocks around the bottom and putting wire on the corners then backfilling with dirt, the shed is 8x8 and from reading they say u need 2sq ft per bird, having 64 sqft could you put 32 birds in one building? that seems very excessive to me, we plan on no more then 12 and the run is going to be 10x8 with a full roof coming off the shed. also plan on doing some free range in the newer area as its fairly flat and open. NOTE all the vechicle in the background are leaving as well.
20200711_102140.jpg
20200711_102426.jpg

That could fit 16 birds, but I wouldn’t put any more than that. Your twelve birds would be happy in that. That shed needs a LOT of repairs though, it looks like it could fall at the drop of a coin.
the shed has all new boards covering the outside the osb on the bottom is down into the ground 12inch and going to have rocks and wire to help from digging under. the doors are getting replaced, and has new roofing, im hoping it will last another 25years,

Oooo, too bad you didn't see this before redoing the roof:
1594504680970.png

But.... Welcome to BYC! @Spolik
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1594504740653.png

Oooo, too bad you didn't see this before redoing the roof:
View attachment 2238979

But.... Welcome to BYC! @Spolik
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 2238982
Thanks.. I believe I have it set now.

Back
Top Bottom