1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coop renovation pic!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by annrich, Jul 16, 2007.

1. annrich

annrich Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    Western NY
    Hi everyone, Well we finally started renovating. The roof and some electric work is about all that is left to do. We started it but ran out of time. Most of the insulation has been done. Have to foam up some small cracks in the wood. This used to be an old 3 seater outhouse from the early 1900's lol. It was cut down by someone about 10 years ago for a tool shed.

Hope pic came out ok. The before pictures were taken in April 2007. My camera died so The new pic are from a cell phone.
    I will post more when The roof is done next weekend. In the back you can't see in pic is a little 16 sq ft coop for the babies and a little run so they can be outside too.

Before
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] WOW that is really cute........good job.....someday my chicks will live like this.................now my kids call them the "ghetto chicks" [​IMG]

3. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    how cute! [​IMG]

4. Wolfpacker

Wolfpacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    Raleigh
    Looks nice, but I would use hardware cloth not chicken wire. The latter will keep the chicks in but it won't keep predators out.

5. annrich

May 27, 2007
    Western NY
    Thanks everyone

6. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    it a master piece [​IMG] lol

7. annrich

May 27, 2007
    Western NY
    Quote:Thanks I will consider that,

We had a blast doing it. We tricked our 6 teenagers into helping. We told them a few days ahead that we were all going to do something "together" Wow they were shocked when I handed them paint brushes and hammers lol
    A little complaining but we spent a day together.
    Anyone know how to get paint off chickens lol??????????

8. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    wow!!! wat a fantastic coop you chickens will love it!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    6 teenagers at once [​IMG]

10. annrich

May 27, 2007
    Western NY
    Quote:Yes!! 19,17,16,15,13,13

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by