Coop Should Be Done Soon...**PICS updates**

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Chickenmath, May 6, 2011.

1. Chickenmath

Chickenmath Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2011
    New here! We started our chicken journey about two weeks ago. Began the coop a week ago, and tonight, finally started to put up some of the outer sheeting. We're hoping to get the whole thing closed in this weekend. Should be possible, weather permitting, since we have two full days where we have no other commitments. Crossing Fingers!

Here is what it looked like before today. I must give credit to the individual who listed his coop under "LaMarr" (?) Coop in the medium sized coop picture pages. I have tweaked what he did by flipping the design, and will be changing some of the pop outs, etc., but the main design is following his. Thanks to the OP of that coop. Good design!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  2. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Wow great start!

3. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    That coop's looking amazing so far. I'd love to be able to work on building a coop, but ours came ready made when we moved in. [​IMG]

4. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Looks great! Might you be as kind to expand on your idea of a coop? [​IMG]

[​IMG] from South Africa

5. lleighmay

lleighmay Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    It really looks good, though I must tell you that you're going about this all wrong- most of us wait until we have a brooder full of half-grown chicks in the spare bedroom (usually more than we originally thought we'd get) and THEN start building a coop, which then takes us considerably longer than a couple of weeks to complete [​IMG]. Can't wait to see the finished results and welcome to BYC!

6. Chickenmath

Chickenmath Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2011
    Well...I have ended up with 26 chicks and a turkey, so yeah--I do need a bigger coop! There is an 8x4 area that will be off limits to the chicks, mainly for their food, garden tools, etc. Their area will be 8x12, with the ceiling 6-8' high in there.
    We were able to get all the outside sheeting up today and some of the windows. I didn't get any pics taken though because it was 9pm by the time we cleaned up. Got to love the looooong nights we're starting to get again in MT now that its spring...[​IMG]

7. dcouette

dcouette Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2011
    Dryden, ON
    Looks great! Can't wait to see your progress!

8. jackiejay

jackiejay New Egg

Apr 28, 2011
    wow thats going to be a really nice coop:)

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Lookin' good![​IMG]

10. lebentier

lebentier Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    SoCal
    keep up the good work!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by