1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

coop size for seramas

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by kelliepulido, Sep 18, 2010.

1. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    I am thinking I might like to continue with this little special breed and was wondering if anyone could post pix share size recommendations etc. for raising them.I was thinking maybe 15 of them

2. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    I have seven Serama cross bred bantams and two pure bred d'Uccles. I follow the same rule of thumb as for the standard breeds: 4 square feet per chicken minimum coop space, plus 10 square feet per chicken minimum run space.

You'll never be sorry to have too much room for your chickens.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    With the little ones you can get away with 2 sq ft er bird floor space plus nest and roost bar. Check out the small coop section on the coop designs link at the top of the page. If housing them all in one coop, even check out that medium sized coop section...you would want something at least 6' x 6' with the roosts to house them in one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by