Coop so far...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by YumaJohnny, Apr 21, 2009.

1. YumaJohnny

YumaJohnny Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2009
    Yuma
    Here are a few pics of my coop so far. It is 8' x 4' and will house 5 barred rocks. Not sure if I am going to put a pitched roof or just a flat roof.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    So far so good! Are those a couple of nest boxes you can get to from the outside?

3. gaduke

gaduke Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    S.W. Kentucky
    Go for a pitched roof, I did a flat one on mine and rain pooled on top making the paint peel so I had to put on a pitched one.[​IMG]

4. YumaJohnny

Apr 5, 2009
    Yuma
    Quote:Yes that is a nest box without a cover so far. It is flush with the inside but built on the outside to save space. Right now it is just one big next box so I will see if I need to divide it into 2 later.

5. YumaJohnny

Apr 5, 2009
    Yuma
    Quote:My only thing is were I live we get less than 3 inches of rain a year! LOL

6. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I like sloped roofs, gable is my favorite. I just like the look of it, so I vote for slanted, although you could use a sheet of plywood to cover it flat and put corrugated plastic or metal on the top, just an idea. Do u have pictures of what it will look like?

7. YumaJohnny

Apr 5, 2009
    Yuma
    Only picture I have is in my head! Just building from plans I put together on paper. I took bites and pieces from a few different coop plans.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by