1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coop suggestions

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ChristianW, Mar 30, 2016.

1. ChristianW

ChristianW New Egg

Mar 20, 2016
    Greetings, very new to the hobby. We are looking for a coop that will house 3 EE's comfortably. We are in NY. I would like to keep my cost under $400. Can anyone recommend a coop for us? Or a good website? I really would like to just purchase one online if possible. If we decide that we love the hobby I will build a large coop next year. They will be able to free range as our yard (about an acre) is 100% fenced in with 6' stockade fence. Just want to make sure the whole family is on board with all the responsibilities before I go crazy on building a nice big coop. TIA!

2. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Where in NY are you?
    Sauders in Waterloo/Seneca Falls has some nice coops, but I don't have a clue how much they were.

3. ChristianW

ChristianW New Egg

Mar 20, 2016
    Eastern Long Island, there's a few Agways out here that has beautiful coops but all were upwards of $1,500.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by