Coop Tours!

pdxblossom

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 11, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Today was Vancouver's first annual Coop du Jour Tour. It was brilliant! What a great opportunity to meet our neighbors and better learn how to keep our hens happy. Sorry to say I forgot to bring the camera. Next weekend is Portland's Tour de Coops and I can't wait. The best part the day? My husband (who originally was dead set against having chickens) saying he wanted to "get home and see the girls" . . .

Hopefully in 2011 we'll get to participate. Our coop arrives in three weeks and already I'm planning what kind of treats to make for visitors next year!

The variety of coops was astounding. It ranged from a converted cat litter box to an elaborate "chicken chateau" complete with curtains and framed paintings of chickens above the nexting boxes. That coop, for sure, was my favorite - - and best part about it was that they had two light brahmas and one black australorp just like us! It was a glimpse into our future.

It was almost as important to learn what I DON'T want for my chickens.

We are going to have to punish you now for forgetting the Camera and TEASING us with the Delightful coops you described! Just kidding. I am sorry there are no pictures but it sounded wonderful!
Caroline

Back
Top Bottom