coop trouble

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by farmgirl2004, Nov 8, 2016.

1. farmgirl2004

farmgirl2004 New Egg

Apr 13, 2015
    We just moved the coop from one side of the pasture to the other, now the darn girls will not go in to the coop.
    I have to chase them down and grab them and force them in. the first nite one followed me in just fine.
    the other one would not go at all i had to wait till it was dark and she went to her "hiding" place which is a box in the pasture.
    Now that it is dark at 6:00 this is a real problem i left them in today because i was so mad.
    I do not know what to do why do they not still follow me with the food bucket like before when it was in the old place.
    ugh

2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Chickens do not like change of any kind. You need to rehome them to the coop's new spot. This means confining them for a few days.

3. farmgirl2004

farmgirl2004 New Egg

Apr 13, 2015
    Thank you i will do that, we have moved it a few time but not this much.. just up and back but not all the way across the pasture.
    i just do not want them to get eaten by anything so i have will keep them in .
    I knew that when you get new chickens you have to keep them in a few days i just did not know abut moving the coop... silly girls

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by